Erasmus+ KA2 project SHELDON
SHELDON: Smart Learning Motivation Intervention Model for Students With Emotional, Behavioral And Learning Difficulties
Project duration: 01-11-2017 – 31-10-2019
Numerous studies show that students with EBLD have low learning motivation, are in higher risk to experience early school leaving, out-of-work, commit crime not only in adulthood, but also in youth. Studies reveal that all countries in the world face similar social problems. The international consortium professional experience will allow deeper insight into the mentioned problems of students with EBLD and will use the best experience in creating the innovative intervention model.
The aim of the project is to create innovative intervention model based on cognitive and narrative psychotherapies principles and elements improving students with EBLD learning motivation to prevent early school leaving (ESL).
– to create the instrument defining students with EBLD profile;
– to create and test innovative intervention model based on scientific research methods and cognitive and narrative psychotherapies principles and elements; make it ready to use for an international team of educators;
– to create gamified IT tool using the project intervention model enabling participatory approaches for engagement of contemporary learners and educators.
Intervention model will be created for students with EBLD of 12-19 years old studying in relevant educational institutions (e.g. secondary, VET, special or youth schools).
The direct target group of the projec:
– students with attention problems, hyperactivity, memory problems, tension to disobey the social rules and instructions, having poor language abilities, poor social skills, aggressive, withdrawn or bizarre behavior, poor academic performance (students who achievements are significantly lower comparing to achievements of typical students), and students with mild intellectual disabilities. Special attention will be paid on socioeconomically disadvantaged students.
– tutors/educators, who are working with the target group students and will use created innovative intervention model and other project outputs.